A guide to services provided on or by the Islands.
Tourist Information “The Isles of Scilly, just 20 minutes from the coast of Cornwall, a haven for those dreaming of open spaces, relaxation and tranquillity.” - Useful guide for the Islands.
Isles of Scilly Bird Group “Scilly is a great place for bird-life especially on migration in spring & autumn and ISBG helps in recording sightings and improving habitat.”
Isles of Scilly Museum “Our mission is to preserve the traditions and spirit of the Islands and to enhance public understanding of Scillonian traditions and their place in history.”
Mobile Phone Coverage
- Vodafone - best coverage, still limited in remote areas.
- Orange and O2 - lesser coverage, best in exposed areas.
- T-Mobile and virtual networks (Virgin Mobile, Fresh) - no coverage.
Thanks to Tourist Information.
Television and Radio
- Receives BBC Radio 1 (98.4), Radio 2 (88.8), Radio 3 (91.0), Radio 4 (93.2) and Radio Scilly (106.0) clearly. Also Pirate FM (102.8) in exposed areas.
- Receives DTT or DAB since the analogue switch-off. Digital UK
- Receives Sky Digital and old analogue Sky channels.
- Does not receive any cable services.
- Receives dial-up and supports ISDN.
- Receives 2 Mb broadband, with plans to install fibre broadband by mid 2014.
Electricity, Gas, Telephone and Water
- All Islands are connected to BT’s national telephone grid.